Unlock a world of unparalleled online shopping at Lazada, the apex of e-commerce in Thailand! Dive into a vast sea of products, from the latest electronics to trendsetting fashion staples. Experience startling deals, effortless payment processes, and swift delivery right to your doorstep. Discover More about the best place for online shopping now!
Re-entry Permit Thailand PDF: What You Need to Know
Planning to visit Thailand for an extended period? If so, it’s important to understand the process of obtaining a re-entry permit. A re-entry permit allows you to leave and re-enter the country without invalidating your visa or visa exemption. This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know about obtaining a re-entry permit in Thailand, including the necessary documents, application process, and important tips.
Table of Contents
In order to obtain a re-entry permit for Thailand, you need to prepare the following documents:
|Your original passport with a valid visa or visa exemption stamp.
|The departure card that you received upon entering Thailand.
|Re-entry Permit Application Form
|Obtain and fill out the re-entry permit application form, which can be downloaded as a PDF from the Thai Immigration website.
|Two recent passport-sized photos (2″ x 2″), taken within the last six months.
|The application fee for a single re-entry permit is 1,000 Thai Baht (approximately $30 USD).
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents for your re-entry permit application, follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Fill out the re-entry permit application form accurately and completely. Ensure that all information matches the details in your passport.
- Attach two recent passport-sized photos to the application form. Make sure the photos meet the specified requirements.
- Make a copy of your passport’s main page, visa or visa exemption stamp, and departure card. Attach these copies to your application.
- Go to your nearest Thai Immigration office or the airport’s Immigration office if you plan to depart soon.
- Submit your completed application form, along with the supporting documents and the application fee, to the immigration officer.
- Wait for your number to be called, and proceed to the designated counter when called.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a receipt with a collection date written on it. Keep this receipt safe as you will need it to collect your re-entry permit.
- Return to the immigration office on the collection date given. Present your receipt, and you will receive your re-entry permit.
Here are some important tips to keep in mind during the re-entry permit application process:
- It’s advisable to apply for a re-entry permit at least a week before your planned departure to allow for any potential delays or complications.
- Carry cash with you to pay the application fee, as credit card payments may not be accepted.
- Make sure your photos meet the specific requirements set by Thai Immigration. Failure to comply may result in your application being rejected.
- If you have multiple re-entry permits, ensure you use them in chronological order. The most recently issued permit should be used first.
- Always double-check the accuracy of your re-entry permit before leaving Thailand. Mistakes or inaccuracies could cause problems when re-entering the country.
Obtaining a re-entry permit in Thailand is a straightforward process when you are prepared. By following the document requirements, understanding the application process, and keeping in mind the important tips provided, you’ll have no trouble obtaining a re-entry permit. Remember, having a re-entry permit allows you to freely leave and re-enter Thailand without the risk of invalidating your visa or visa exemption, ensuring you can enjoy your stay in this beautiful country to the fullest.
For more information about re-entry permits in Thailand, you can refer to the official Thai Immigration website here.
Table of Contents